First Advent Christian Church exists to love God, live the Word, and lift up others
Our church started with a small group of fervent believers in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ who had moved to the Burke County area from Caldwell County’s Berea Advent Christian Church in Collettesville.
In 1897, six families came to Burke County from this church and founded Catawba Valley Advent Christian Church, located just off Highway 181 near where the current WMNC radio station currently stands.
In 1911, the Catawba Valley Advent Christian Church building was moved to a newly purchased lot located at 215 Erwin Street and was re-‐erected there. The church’s name was changed to First Advent Christian Church. In 1938, this building was remodeled inside and rock-‐veneered outside.
In 1963, the congregation erected a new brick church at 211 Lenoir Road to accommodate a marked growth in membership.
In 2009, the First Advent Christian Church family celebrated the dedication of our new multi-‐purpose addition to our 211 Lenoir Road location. It serves as an extension to our Christian Education ministry as a new Fellowship Hall and as a gymnasium for our youth and for various community outreach events.
History is made each day as all of us at FACC seek to live the abundant life that only God can give through Christ, and to share with others our love and joy as followers of Him.